Firefall

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] DressyVirus

Firefall

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:30 am

http://www.firefallthegame.com/

Here we another game for you to try, currently in closed beta there are keys avaible from mmorpg.com about 9000 at time of writing.

looks like a mix of tabula rasa and Global agenda.
"Today's gamers are some of the most whiny, self-centered, narcissistic bunch of crybabies I've ever seen, honestly." Lyria DDO Forumns

[FnG] N!MRoD

Re: Firefall

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:44 pm

See some of it when it was first announced, gave a good impression back then.
Sadly enough, not enough time to play all games. Maybe I will check it out some time.
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] DressyVirus

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Certainly looking at the information about it appears to be good.

there is a beta this weekend which hopefully i will be able to find time to take part in and see how it goes.
"Today's gamers are some of the most whiny, self-centered, narcissistic bunch of crybabies I've ever seen, honestly." Lyria DDO Forumns

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Free to play this weekend for the ones that might be interested.
http://www.firefallthegame.com/betaweek ... dium=email
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-

[FnG] DressyVirus

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 am

also if you log in this weekend you will get a free decal to apply to your stuff in game. this will be added after the weekend. Here is info from email.

"Hey Everyone!

We are excited to announce that on the weekend of January 25th, Red 5 Studios™ will be hosting our January Firefall™ Beta Weekend!

Starting at 10:00am PDT on January 25th and continuing through 11:59pm PDT on January 27th 2013, we will be unlocking the servers and allowing anybody who registers for Firefall access to the beta. This means that anyone who has yet to experience the war torn Earth will now have the chance to defend the Earth against the mysterious Chosen, explore the land of New Eden, and face off against their fellow players in fast-paced PvP.

Additionally, throughout the weekend, players who take part in our Beta Weekend will unlock an exclusive in-game decal for use on their many Battleframes! To get your exclusive decal, all you have to do is log in during the Beta Weekend. Following the Beta Weekend, you’ll be able to obtain your badge of honor at the New You station in game.

During our Firefall Beta Weekend, we’re offering players the chance to win themselves a huge Firefall prize package, including a Razer 2013 Deathadder mouse and Firefall swag! For more information, check out http://www.firefallthegame.com/betaweekends to see how your videos and screenshots of skill shots can win you these awesome prizes!

Be sure to download the client to pre-load the game. This way, once the Beta Weekend begins, you can log on and jump right in!

Download here: http://beta.firefallthegame.com/download

-- Red 5 Tribe "

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:45 am

Ta for the heads up, family permitting I might take a look tomorrow.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:53 pm

I probably will, dinner of work got postponed so I have plenty of time this weekend. So should get to it. Already downloading it.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:11 pm

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:I probably will, dinner of work got postponed so I have plenty of time this weekend. So should get to it. Already downloading it.

I'll download it when I go home but if Im playing I will be on TS3. Shout me and see if we can team up.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 am

I'll be on sunday, only saw it now xD
The game is fun thus far!

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:32 am

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:I'll be on sunday, only saw it now xD
The game is fun thus far!

Eve and I had a go yesterday, the mmo part is okay but nothing special plus in the afternoons when the USA comes on line its lag city
Want to try the pvp this morning (sunday) b4 I write it off totally.
Plus Eve hates the starting location as I start to sing bad Barry Manalow songs...

I AM ON TS3 Now, in game under user FNG-Hanno or avatar name Blackrook
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] DressyVirus

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:07 pm

do bear in mind that it is beta and that there is still alot of content not released yet, and currently as buggy as anything there is a patch out soon for some it.

they are currently in the process of seperating the pvp from the pve part of it, apperently gonna be seperate battle frames for pvp in order to try and balance it more.
also if you dont like the game please post why in a constructive way on their forumns as the devs are always lurking there and seem to take note.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Sort of had a bit of a change of mind - today it seemed more fun. It was a case of one more dropship , one more lvg etc
Plus we did some of the medium level thumping with more interesting mobs.

Lag on the menus aside when the USA was awake. it was pretty stable for a beta. Although the questlines were bugging out seriously.
Got the tier 2 bioframe so I acheived something.

I've seen far worse releases. As you said when they get a lot more dynamic different events in (rather than the 4 or 5) it would be worth another look,
especially as its free :-)
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Added you, currently playing with Avatar Chaleni and I'm on TS lurking xD

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:43 am

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:Added you, currently playing with Avatar Chaleni and I'm on TS lurking xD

I was asleep by then :-)
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:36 pm

awwwhhh :/ I kind of forgot it earlier 8-)
I am liking the game a lot though, it plays very nicely and although there isnt much content, there is still plenty to do.
Only would need some buddies now xD. I think i might buy the founders package, just for the hell of it. So they get some support and I can play some more :)
But it is free to play so no need for having to pay :).

Return to “Other Games”