Firefall

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] DressyVirus

Re: Firefall

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:33 pm

the new tutorial part is really nice so much better than before.

need to put in some real game play now to check it over.
"Today's gamers are some of the most whiny, self-centered, narcissistic bunch of crybabies I've ever seen, honestly." Lyria DDO Forumns

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Ok so, some nice stuff that i noticed that you cant find in the patch notes. I think.
Lots of pve content has been added. For the folks that already played. Some things i noticed which i found cool are.
Thump dump and the southern city, are now taken and covered by the melding. You gotta take them back and keep em safe from invasions. If you fail then it gets covered again! Ruuuuuunn for safety when that happens :)
Also remember the melding tornadoes from before? Unlike the incursions, they didnt really change though now at the end of killing one. You get a portal which you can use and you end up in a safe zone deeep into the melding. Try to survive and get lots of resources! My first attempt ended in death xD
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:44 pm

I came across this guide about the resources and thumping in firefall. Well I searched because i wanted to know the deal with having problems finding high quality nodes.
http://www.firefallthegame.com/communit ... ide.50066/

Whats interesting is at the end where they list what kind of nodes you can find in the world. And their quality.
Also they mention there is generally a 2 week time before they change however, thats an average it seems. As how i get it at least. Because they need to get mined out by people and that takes 2 weeks generally. BUT, people flock on high quality ones because they got the greatest use and thus these get mined out a lot faster! So you gotta be quick(er) with these.

This link seems usefull too but didnt look into it much yet.
http://www.firefallthegame.com/communit ... ugc.50703/

I hope it helps those that play.
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-

[FnG] DressyVirus

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:18 pm

http://rawr4firefall.com/

this links to all nanoprint that you can make and generally good guide to the crafting system.

all if you have a look through the addons there is one http://www.firefallthegame.com/communit ... ker.62400/
this will track all your scan hammer results so you know wher eoyu can go back to, those quiet hidden away spots.
"Today's gamers are some of the most whiny, self-centered, narcissistic bunch of crybabies I've ever seen, honestly." Lyria DDO Forumns

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 pm

more patch goodness
Full notes on http://www.firefallthegame.com/communit ... 597.90950/
or when you patch the game :)

The one i like is
Tweaked the way raw resources are generated in the world – should result in fewer cases of horrible, horrible quality resources.
Yay, lets see how that turns out :)

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Something i just noticed about the battleframes, which others might like to know. And if you knew already; then why didnt you tell me? ! :p

Anyway, you can the items from the lower tier classes in to your higher ones, which i quite like. Some awesome tier one abilities can be used then :)

I was a bit sad that i couldnt use my decoy on my recon but seems i can after all now xD

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Another little headsup. Firefall received another good sized patch.

It fine tuned the crafting system. No more lag and it is a quite clear system now. What i like about it is that for making subcomponents, you dont need to go browse a list anymore for that one item. Just click on the subcomponent when you are looking at which subcomponents your item needs and it opens up what is needed for making that subcomponent.
Also a nice thing is that you now get a decent amount of resources rewarded for doing missions, they have a difficulty level rating when you go for them.

There is also something about powering up certain areas, so they have better defense against the chosen. There are dropships flying around at certain paths for quick traveling and their futuristic motorbike is available for crafting. Though I have not checked out any of these yet xD

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 am

I am interested in Firefall, but only really when it gets to open Beta or release hopefully more fng people will give it a go then.

It will be fun getting 3 -4 people playing together on it, but I can't be bothered to play solo.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:45 pm

yeah, solo isnt so great. I joined some army but no luck in finding a good active one yet.

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Is there any idea on a release date yet? I couldnt find it fast enough on their site or is it "when it's done" :P

Certainly looks interesting enough to give it a try.

EDIT: I figured I'd at least start the download overnight ...but where is the download button or do you need to have a beta key for that first?
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 am

Not sure on release, but as they've already had several open beta events I doubt it can be much longer.

Think you need to enlist in the beta first and hopefully get a key from the site.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:46 am

ooh more news:

Just got an email saying they are having a final open beta event this weekend for anyone who's registered:
Starting at 12:00pm Pacific Time on Friday, June 7th, until 11:59pm Pacific on Sunday, June 9th, we'll be allowing anybody who is registered for Firefall beta the chance to see the game that they continue to help create with their feedback!

If anyone is playing give me a shout Saturday afternoon or sunday .
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:04 pm

I have registered an account and apperently thats equal to enlisting in the beta, so the page tell me if i click the "enlist in beta" button.

edit ah found a link through their forums..we'll see if does anything.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Not sure, it will be good weather and stuffs. So i might actually be outside.

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:16 pm

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:Not sure, it will be good weather and stuffs. So i might actually be outside.

I am ...o no wait not right now :P

Return to “Other Games”