Firefall

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Hanno

Re: Firefall

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:48 pm

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:awwwhhh :/ I kind of forgot it earlier 8-)
I am liking the game a lot though, it plays very nicely and although there isnt much content, there is still plenty to do.
Only would need some buddies now xD. I think i might buy the founders package, just for the hell of it. So they get some support and I can play some more :)
But it is free to play so no need for having to pay :).

Well I'll be up for ago when its released and Eve said Probably.

All it takes is you being awake at the same time of the day :-)
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:09 pm

That could be a challenge, with me and my awkward sleeping times.
Though, it's not as askward as it used to be with the ONS thursday nights on the US servers xD
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:48 pm

Now from what I did play of this game with Hanno it does have promise and was better on the sunday then when we played on saturday.

The first few hours for me seemed a bit "lack luster" and an air of "whats the point" but that was mainly due to the bugs with the missions either not progressing or looping back to an earlier one, but since it was a beta it was expected.

The game does have promise and would be much easier with a 3rd party member, hint hint.

I see it getting a good few months out of me at least.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:40 pm

A few things I like about the game.
Defending a tower/ base from Chosen attacks. If you fail at this, You will actually lose it, the result is at lot more chosen activity in the vicinity, such as Chosen patrols. They can be annoying and deadly at a wrong moment.
The coolest thing I saw so far is a certain field repulsor generator. What it will do is, it will push back the big purple/ blue field that is envelloping the world.
Unlike many enemies, we cannot move freely into it without taking damage. However with the repulsor, you get about 5ish minutes to move further ahead. Do a quick thumper and get some rarer items. However, run like hell when you get the notification because the field will move back to its orginal position and you will die if you get caught in it. My first time I was just close enough so I didnt stay in too long and made it out as the only one from my team xD. Anyway, it's awesome!
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-

[FnG] DressyVirus

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:27 pm

that melding is evil i have deliberately ran into just ot see what happens, i have also been caught in it from the repulsors running out. so much fun.

if you find the quests notifier is saying different to what it was when you last logged out try doing /rui this will reload the ui and will put the quest back on track although not always.

I do like the fact that you can make addons for the game and are actively encouraged to as well. there are some quite nice ones about.
"Today's gamers are some of the most whiny, self-centered, narcissistic bunch of crybabies I've ever seen, honestly." Lyria DDO Forumns

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 pm

"The coolest thing I saw so far is a certain field repulsor generator. What it will do is, it will push back the big purple/ blue field that is envelloping the world."

I say them dotted about the map but never saw one in action.

"that melding is evil i have deliberately ran into just ot see what happens"

I did the same with a LGV just to see how far you can get, turns out not very far.

"I do like the fact that you can make addons for the game and are actively encouraged to as well. there are some quite nice ones about."

This I didn't know about but something to have a look at.

[FnG] DressyVirus

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:26 pm

some of the repulsors need certain things to activate them and you have to defend them while they start up.

yeah the forumns have alot of information on addons.
"Today's gamers are some of the most whiny, self-centered, narcissistic bunch of crybabies I've ever seen, honestly." Lyria DDO Forumns

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 am

Some upcoming changes about the battleframes:
http://www.firefallthegame.com/2013/02/ ... e-changes/
The part i found interesting is:
Here’s our basic battleframe template in this new system. A battleframe now consists of:

-A unique weapon
-A unique passive effect
-3 unique, synergistic abilities
-And possibly, if time and playtesting warrant it, an Ultimate/Super ability.

so we will be getting a passive and an ultimate, they got my attention now xD

[FnG] DressyVirus

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 pm

the changes are sounding very nice, the passive abilites sound cool hopefully will get more info about them sooner rather than later.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm not sure reading that that those changes wont be just for the new PvP frames or whether the new skills
will carry over to the PvE as well?
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Its a general concept.
The biggest change will be as follows. You will stil have multiple frames. But only the Tier1 frame will be usable in PVP. They will make sure that all frames are ballanced and interesting to play in Tier 1.
The higher Tiers will be available in PVE, and i assume they build on the foundations of Tier1

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:38 am

And they posted up their next milestone plan. Lots of things they are going to tackle. Not too much to read but good info, if you are interested.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/2013/02/ ... one-plans/

I like seeing that they are planning to make work of guiding new players. I hope they make something decent of it. I was able to find my way around quite decently. Still I took some above average effort and i'm not the average player.
And the other things are good too ofcourse! :)

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:59 pm

I have THREE (3) more beta keys to give away for those that would like to give a go (try out) to this game.
Just PM me the mail address you like me to use to subscribe you to and I'll get you invited.

[FnG] DressyVirus

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Fo rthose that have tried this or are still following it there has recently been a major update.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/communit ... 0-6.85760/

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Jup already got it installed. Its their next milestone patch. They listened to the community and made some work of the tutorial. Now you can check out during the tutorial each class their first tier with their abilities. Quite nice, and its at a harms free environment so you can go at your own pace.
I kinda used it too for checking out my other frames and their changes.
Anyway, its what they mentioned before what they would change. And thus far it looks quite nice :) though gotta do some actualy playing, only been checking up, there are lots of changes xD

Return to “Other Games”