Defiance and Tera

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] DressyVirus

Defiance and Tera

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 pm

http://vonbachindustries.com/en/?CAS_RE ... Yv0PBF-cas
http://defiance.com/en/game/?CAS_REDIR= ... bKGXee-cas

For those that havent seen it, currently acepting beta registration.
nice game, it is a shooter style game with varying weapons and skill / ability tree.

Also for those that havent already heard Tera is going free to play in february currently have a unlimted trial avaible for people to try.

http://tera-europe.com/home/news/articl ... uture.html (europe version being ran by gameforge)
http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera-ri ... y-for-free http://tera.enmasse.com/?lang=en
"Today's gamers are some of the most whiny, self-centered, narcissistic bunch of crybabies I've ever seen, honestly." Lyria DDO Forumns

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Re: Defiance and Tera

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Sun May 12, 2013 9:08 pm

I downloaded Tera last night, so far it seems to be quite enjoyable. The game does seem to think I have a game controler though for some reason :chin:
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue May 14, 2013 12:41 am

Been playing Tera for the past hour and it's a very nice game to play, if a few more are wanting to play lets pick a server. At the least I recomend at least trying to for a short while.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue May 14, 2013 10:00 am

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:Been playing Tera for the past hour and it's a very nice game to play, if a few more are wanting to play lets pick a server. At the least I recomend at least trying to for a short while.

Nothing to lose if its f2p. Name a server and I'll give it a go.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Tue May 14, 2013 3:40 pm

If I remember correctly im on veritas (PVE, English), i will doucble check later tonight

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue May 14, 2013 4:55 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:If I remember correctly im on veritas (PVE, English), i will doucble check later tonight

Are you sure thats the truth? :cheerleader:
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue May 14, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm on Arcadia PvE as an Archer but I'll jump across to Veritas, actually I just have going to try out a Sorcerer as Archer was a bit simple

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Tue May 14, 2013 7:29 pm

yep veritas it is

Edit: @Eve you may be able to switch servers i think through account management and PS making a lancer now next to my sorc that is now at 14 ;)

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue May 14, 2013 7:32 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:yep veritas it is

12 days to dl and I may join you.
But my connection is flakey at the moment :-(
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue May 14, 2013 8:29 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:yep veritas it is

Edit: @Eve you may be able to switch servers i think through account management and PS making a lancer now next to my sorc that is now at 14 ;)

Server switching costs monies and as my Archer was only lvl 5 I think I just start some new toons.

Hanno 12 days is too long!

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed May 15, 2013 10:43 am

Hanno needs more hamsters/ mice to spin the wheels in his cellar fueling his interwebz.

I think I'll pass on this one too xD, I'm having fun with Guild Wars actually, on my pretty own 8-)
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:51 pm

A liltle update on TERA: I've certainly grown to like this game :mrgreen: (I even spent real money on it :gripe: )

There is definitely some real teamplay in this, since around the lvl 20 area (where you can get reasonably quickish..depening on gametime/xp boosts etc) you start to get quests that require multiple players to tackle and they are certainly worth doing! and there are of course dungeons, the 1st at lvl 24.

Eve and I tackled a few of these quests while we were over the indicated lvl and had some good punch ups. The dungeon wasn't a huge problem (at 4 lvl's over :P) but one big monster did cause me to say "oops" over TS...followed by an " awww..don't say that" from Eve" ..after which Eve ran circles for 5 minutes, whilst I raced back from the rez point. Sadly the 5 minutes running circles should have been 6, so Eve had to race back to ;). In the second attempt we did manage it. The fun part here was, me as a lancer (tank) had to keep agro as much as possible off Eve as a sorc (Damage), so he could drop the heavy stuff on the monster, without getting slaughtered by it. It's been a long time (GW1 days) I had to realy play like this..so a promising event, which makes me wonder if the lack of a real healer is gonna make stuff interesting further on :stars:

*takes the "if you see me running, try to keep up!" shirt out of the closet*

Also grouping up apparently increases the drops and one can harvest the various resources all at the same time which speeds things up greatly.

It took a while to get used to the combat system, since it's very directional and the skills are activated not by clicking but by keys...but it works

Took me about a week of serious gameplay and then I was hooked :crazy:

Return to “Other Games”