Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn - Beta

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Unholy Eve

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn - Beta

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 am

So version 2.0 is hitting beta soon, sign ups are in the link below, there's also an option to fill out the survey which holds the normal beta testing questions.

https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/s/run?sq=80839d4106ab0487ea581aac2083cda0d9af2083ada3d9151081d9590c02db81b9518da10687e8641acdcf842dc4151ac984cf46211a6084ef5c21fc4815

I was "lucky" enough to get into the beta test for the original but it was nothing special and probably why it's been re-created from scratch.

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Re: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn - Beta

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:52 pm

I will have to pass on this, already hard to keep up with the current games :stars:

ImageImage

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 pm

so many games so litle time :gripe:
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:30 pm

So I was actually lucky again and got into this closed beta too and wow what a game, from what I've seen so far its a very well polished game and only encountered 1 issue so far.

Next round of closed beta finishes this Monday morning with the next step being open beta.

[FnG] Yasmin
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Yasmin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Wow from what I see on their homepage it looks really nice :D
Is it a solo game or also for playing in groups ?

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 am

I mainly tried out the classes so only really got to level 10-12 and even then so much was still locked to me, crafting skills don't unlock till lvl 10, the transport system doesn't unlock to lvl 10. There were also very few skills per class but I don't know if that was due to it either being a beta or I hadn't progressed far enough to unlock more.

I jumped in on phase 3 of the beta (my key got swallowed up by my junk folder...) but I was pleasantly surprised with just how polished the over all game was, when you hear beta you think it'll look bad to an extent but you could easily tell me that graphically it was done.

You can't run everywhere like you can in some games, the games foes will eat you, the game does have the same sort of event system GW2 has only this time it has to be done as a group, you just cannot solo them,I tried to solo a lvl 5 boss event as a lvl 11 melee fighter and got royally spanked by it.

It is worth checking out in the open beta which will be in August as the game is released on the 27th if I remember rightly and it will have a subscription fee.

[FnG] Yasmin
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Yasmin » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:38 am

Thanks for the info Eve :D
I'll keep an eye out for the open beta and give it a try,
and ofcourse Lambik wil do that also :cheerleader:

I dont mind that you can't run everywhere, whats the fun in that ?
What I do hope is that if you group up you have to work as a team like
the original GW, I really missed the teamwork like when taking down Glint
in dragons lair .
Most games are like just spam as much spells as possible to get the boss down. . . .

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Obviously the main downside to this game is the monthly sub :(

But might as well grab the open beta even just to test it out, the area's are quite large, the towns are quite large and there are 3 starting cities depending on the class you take and no I haven't figured out how to get from 1 city to the next yet XD.

Oh and the file size should be a minimum of 10gb if you do decide to try it out so plan the DL in advance.

[FnG] Yasmin
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Yasmin » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:41 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:Obviously the main downside to this game is the monthly sub :(

I checked and it's quite expensive. . . I think. . .gonna be double with both of us playing
, about 25 euro's a month. . . .hmmmm :(

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Missed out on the last testing over the weekend due to being in hospital, good news is the game to buy is rather cheap:

£13.85 for the PC version

Game overview Game pricing, versions available, monthly subscription plans and early access started today for those who pre-order

The opening movie is one of the better one's I've seen http://youtu.be/iBfIFgxf2sw

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:54 pm

So I took a punt and bought the game (at that price its worth a months worth of play) so payment went though fine but that's when the issues started.

No key codes! Seems like many people have not been getting their codes sent through after payment, quick look through the topics on the forums for FF14 and someone provides the number for customer support and hey presto after a quick 4 minute phone call confriming my details and enough time to make a cuppa it's sent through to me from another of there email addresses. Official word was there was some issue on Microsofts side preventing and blocking the emails getting to all/most hotmail and outlook users.

So as I sit here with my 8.5gb update at a grand speed of 0.33mb/s (400+ minutes remaining) I thought I'd share just a little bit more about this game, not with words but with links!

Benchmark + Character creation

Want to see if your rig can handle the game and do you want to get a glimpse of the games graphics whilst your at it?

Go here and D/L the software!

Home page, details galore and a new starter mini guide!

Clicky!

Haven't decided on a server but if anyone else is tempted drop me a message.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:51 am

Well just over 24hours in and managed to create 1 character on the Euro server of my choice before SE enforced the character creation limited for this server as well which has classed it as full for now (as they've done with nearly all the NA servers and every EU server they had) if its not being unable to create characters its being told the server is full by 7pm so I'm forced to play another character on a Japanese server! But I can't complain too much even though I'm playing on a Japanese server there's been 0 lag even in the heavily populated main towns.

It's been a weird launch with the player limitations being enforced and there's more refunds being given out here then there ever was with GW2 but it's enjoyable and that's what counts. Just hit lvl 11 so now I'm free to explore the crafting/gathering and other classes once I get my head around it all.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:32 am

As I just paid £475.00 for timber (+barbed wire/scrapmetal/pickaxe :-) :panic: ) for my new fence, I am probably not in the right frame of mind
for a subscription game, ie broke.

But keep us informed and I might look when it goes free to play hehehehhehe.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Digital distribution of the game has been stopped due to the influx of players, you can now only buy the game retail but even if you did you only have a small chance of joining a Japanese server to play. For anyone tempted give it a month to settle down first.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:47 am

I quite fancy grabbing another months sub for FF14 and wondering if I can tempt FNG Into giving it ago even if only for the 1st month, price is around £20 and inculdes a months game time XD

Return to “Other Games”