Planet Explorers ( a sort of pretty minecraft)?

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Hanno

Planet Explorers ( a sort of pretty minecraft)?

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 pm

The Alpha of Planet Explorers is currenty available to all as they are trying to build community for a kickstart and greenlight on steam

This looks pretty promising, for decent graphics, digging resources , building houses/forts, shooting big dino-aliens sort of way.
It also has an interesting craft system where you can design swords/guns/cars from scratch.

The alpha is only single player but the final will be multiplayer but even so this is worth a couple of hours looking at now.

http://www.pathea.net/
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

Olderjobrob

Re: Planet Explorers ( a sort of pretty minecraft)?

Postby Olderjobrob » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Sounds interesting going to give it a test now just gotta wait for the download to finish :D

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:15 am

Finally fired up and installed this.

Only played about 5-10 minutes and at first glance it looks like a really enjoyable game to play and will deffenitly be one that I'm watching this year and a game I'd quite like to see a few others playing.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Just noticed another very similar game Star forge also still in alpha:

http://www.starforge.com/

this looks a bit more action shooty orientated whilst Planet explorers has a deeper 'story' mode

But its going to be a case of which arrives first/has better features.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:16 pm

After sinking 10 hours in the story mode I can say it has potential but maybe just not enough.

Building I find very niggly so far I just can't seem to get my head around it so far.
Quests seem simple enough, go here find these people, bring me X amount of items Y and Z.
Combat is basic, keep swinging your weapon and dodge its own attacks until the beast falls. The guns are a nice touch allowing you to kill above your weight from a good distance.
Defence turrets are a nice touch and enough of them pack quite a punch on the wildlife.
On the other hand mining takes an age and once you start heading under ground the camera either gets stuck or you get yourself trapped.

So far the game doesn't really tell you much about the items you need to find for the fetch quests or even a general area to find them in, Iron and Copper was easy enough but Coal nope still havent found it, the plants are even worse 3 starter quests needed 7 different plants to be gathered, 1 of them was a tree and after searching the starting area and the area after like hell could I find 2 of the others.

As its very much still an alpha for now so most of its to be expected just have to wait and see

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:32 am

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:After sinking 10 hours in the story mode I can say it has potential but maybe just not enough.

Building I find very niggly so far I just can't seem to get my head around it so far.
Quests seem simple enough, go here find these people, bring me X amount of items Y and Z.
Combat is basic, keep swinging your weapon and dodge its own attacks until the beast falls. The guns are a nice touch allowing you to kill above your weight from a good distance.
Defence turrets are a nice touch and enough of them pack quite a punch on the wildlife.
On the other hand mining takes an age and once you start heading under ground the camera either gets stuck or you get yourself trapped.

So far the game doesn't really tell you much about the items you need to find for the fetch quests or even a general area to find them in, Iron and Copper was easy enough but Coal nope still havent found it, the plants are even worse 3 starter quests needed 7 different plants to be gathered, 1 of them was a tree and after searching the starting area and the area after like hell could I find 2 of the others.

As its very much still an alpha for now so most of its to be expected just have to wait and see

Charcoal to make steel you get from burnt out campfires. Put one down then pick it up... ow ow ow ow
Dumb but yes.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Doh.
I'd never used them or saw the need but yes that does seem pretty logical.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:59 pm

hmm it looks cool but wont be putting time in it i fear
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

Return to “Other Games”