Timber and Stone (One to watch out for?)

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Hanno

Timber and Stone (One to watch out for?)

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:17 am

A bit like Towns, this game is a single player build a fortress/defend sort of game.
Although its got blocky graphics its quite pretty in its own way.

Currently in Beta but might be out Late March or April.

Watch the video with the ballistas, I like the way the little guy gets pinned to the tree :-)

http://www.timberandstonegame.com/?page_id=31
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Re: Timber and Stone (One to watch out for?)

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Watched a "Lets Play" of this whilst playing another game and it's one I'll be picking up if the price is right, from what I understand there is a possibility of MP at some point in time. If you want access to the Beta then you'll need to drop $30-50 for it and for me that's a bit to much.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:56 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:Watched a "Lets Play" of this whilst playing another game and it's one I'll be picking up if the price is right, from what I understand there is a possibility of MP at some point in time. If you want access to the Beta then you'll need to drop $30-50 for it and for me that's a bit to much.

Yep I wouldnt pay $30 for it, but if its at a price range of £6.99 -> £9.99 when released it would probably be tempting.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Another very similar game to this one is Castle Story still in alpha:
http://www.sauropodstudio.com/

Its going to be a bit of a race to see which arrives first and which is better.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 am

This is out for release 1.00 on Tuesday 9th April if anyone is interested still available for today at $15 (£10.10) thru paypal.
Not sure what the released price is going to be, but I've sprung for it as Erin likes the look of it as well.

More lets play on this on Youtube now and it looks a pretty interesting little builder game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S6_93P8dyM
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:34 am

I've been playing this for a couple of days off and on.
The controls/graphics etc work well, but it is quite slow paced.
Night seems to go on for ever at first when you havent got many lamps hard to see whats going on, even with torchs
its stumbling around in the dark.

Its nicely done and quite fun but at the moment I don't think its got enough content for lasting play.

The guy who is doing it is continuing to develope it and wants to turn it as more into a survival game
as well as a building game but I think he's overpriced it , if you compare it to Similar games such as Gnomamia and Towns etc.

I don't think not worth the $20 (£13.50) its now priced at - it should really be around £5 -£7
Hanno's Law:

Return to “Other Games”