What are you currently playing?

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Hanno

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:10 pm

whoops
Last edited by [FnG] Hanno on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:59 pm

What Hanno is currently playing:

7 Days to Die alpha - Zombie hoard defence/craft/build sandbox
I've been back with the zombies again.
This has come forward a bit with new smoother (less cubed) landscape , so looks slightly prettier.
More crafting recipes and a couple of extra zombie types, and the start of a clothing system.
You can set your own multiplayer server up with a ton of options to fine tune exactly how hard it is,
It is also very stable/smooth for an alpha and is definitely in a playable fun form at the moment.
Priority on this is on building for defence against zombies rather than PvP trolling like on Day Z servers.
I'm sort of off the whole PvP thing and would prefer more coop type games.
Downside on this game is some the graphics are a bit rough not as pretty as some of the other zombie games ie Day Z/Rust
Plus there's only one map at the moment, but its pretty big, and random maps are coming soon.
Now on steam early access at £18.99 not sure I'd pay that much but if they put it in a sale its worth a go.

Planet Explorers Alpha - Building crafting sandbox game on alien planet.
Very similar to above but with dinosaur type aliens. Also there is a story mode as well as open access adventure mode.
This is much prettier looking than 7 days, but I find it doesn't run quite as smoothly and the interface isnt quite as natural feeling .
But the setting and dinos are fun.
Crafting is more advanced and you can design guns/swords/cars/helicopters from scratch in an editor.
Again you can host your own server - but there aren't as many setup options as in 7days but apart from the one story map the others are based on
seeds so plenty of variety.
Also now available on steam early access at £18.99, again a bit much but if it comes in a sale...

Battlefield 4 - need I say more.
Starting to get a bit jaded about this now. Once a week is now enough for a FPS fix.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:56 pm

Played Remember me
Nice story wise single player game, annoying camera , there is much compaining about a dull fighting system but i quite like it. But didnt encounter anything broken.
In short if you like a good story wise linear game, then you will quite like it.

Diablo 3
Was in the mood to level something up and made a lvl 60 monk, the expansion for diablo seems a bit expensive for me atm though..

Awesomenauts
I had this laying around in some bundle i bought, i decided to install it and i quite like it.
Its a moba game, but in 2D side view, it is a nice twist and i love some of the voice overs of my favority female character
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWTtIJo6 ... e=youtu.be
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:38 pm

PC

Been playing the hell out of Diablo 3 the Witch Doctor being my new main. Reaper of Souls came out last night at 11pm and before I new it it was 3am and compare to the base game the expansion actually seems more difficult.

Also Nim the expansion isn't region locked so the American version should be a lot cheaper then the EU counter parts, failing that G2A has it for about 26 Euro and I think play-asia has it cheaper still.

PS3/4

Assassins Creed 4, finding it hard to get into after the horror that was AC3.
Ateiler Escha and Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky, one of the few yearly releases I actually look forward too.
Also after the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD and FF: Lightning Returns
+ Back log of 15 games to get through at some point

3DS

Pokemon Y, cause im cool 8)
Etrian Odyssey 4, old school style hard as nails dungeon crawler
+ Whatever I D/L

[FnG] Malvos

Postby [FnG] Malvos » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:00 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:PC
Also Nim the expansion isn't region locked so the American version should be a lot cheaper then the EU counter parts, failing that G2A has it for about 26 Euro and I think play-asia has it cheaper still.

I didn't realize it was no longer region locked, is that only for RoS or as part of the general 2.0 update? I don't have RoS but have picked up my barbarian and monk again. I also have a mid-level witch doctor I was playing as a minion master but got bored of just puking on everything.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:33 am

[FnG] Malvos wrote:
[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:PC

I didn't realize it was no longer region locked, is that only for RoS or as part of the general 2.0 update? I don't have RoS but have picked up my barbarian and monk again. I also have a mid-level witch doctor I was playing as a minion master but got bored of just puking on everything.

It's a part of 2.0 update. I've tried a Barbarian and it's in it's late 30's but just isn't for me, the monk seemed interesting and I think she's been pushed to 60. I started with the Demon Hunter but found her to be too weak over all, I spent more time running away spamming the turrets more then anything else. The Witch Doctor I now love, the Dogs and the Gargantuan I use as a shield, the army of fetishes + the passive 5% fetish spawn chance + fire bats (no mana upkeep rune) + 50% fetish damage = so much fun. The little guys hit 4 times as hard as me and can crit for up to 1.3mil.

It's worth checking out if you fancy it and can grab a cheapish copy.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sun May 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Currently playing:

Factorio:
https://www.factorio.com/

Eve pointed me to this game...
Imagine setting up all the robots/conveyors/metal press etc in a car factory but add alien bugs and stuff attacking you at the same time.
Fun and very additive. They have a special price at the moment of 10Euro going up to 15Euro on 1st June.
Worth it if you like resource management sort of games.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue May 27, 2014 12:17 am

hmmmzzz tempting, how many bugs are in the game? Not counting the ones you gotta kill in game :p
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,

while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue May 27, 2014 8:47 am

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:hmmmzzz tempting, how many bugs are in the game? Not counting the ones you gotta kill in game :p

After a marathon 3 day weekend not had any bugs or crashes.
The interface is a bit different to start with but once you get used to it, its very well thought out and additive.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Thu May 29, 2014 12:50 am

If you don't already own Factorio and want to be warned that they are planning a price increase.

http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-33

To raise the price of the game. Starting 1st of June the game will be sold for 15€ (which is about 20$ or 12£). So if you have friends who are still on the edge regarding buying the game, let them know about this so they have the opportunity to get the game for lower price. We mentioned the 1.0 release in the previous article. The obvious question is then how much the game will cost when 1.0 is released? We haven't decided exactly yet, but something like 20€ (or about 26$, 17£) looks like a good candidate.

Demo Here

A tidy setup;

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Sat May 31, 2014 1:37 am

Right now I'm just getting back into Dungeons and Dragons online...just getting an RPG fix i havent had for along time..at the same time spotting players I havent connected with for over 2 years
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

Return to “Other Games”