In SPACE you can't hear EVE knife you in the BACK!

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] N!MRoD

Re: In SPACE you can't hear EVE knife you in the BACK!

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:47 pm

I thought it is about time i give this one a bump, would almost seem there is nothing happening which is very much of the contrary of what has been happening.

There are 2 events which the studio behind the game yearly attends, one is their own CitizenCon, the other one is gamescon which is happening now. On both they usually have a big update and announce. Below is the gamescom presantation of this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3YBuFI3iI

Note it is quite lenghty, They start with a detailed summary of what is to be expected in Alpha 2.5 which is due in the coming days. Most of this is known. A new space station aimed for the lawless, more clothing and gear for your pilot, new ships, UI improvments etc.
At 23 mins they start talking about alpha 3.0. This is the big announcement. They will do a pretty much full tour of doing a misson in that release of the game. Showing off one of the ships, space combat, though also planet side combat, be it ship or FPS combat, or combined. And showcasing the fidelity of the game. For example, if you enter a station you dont "disappear" in an instance, but you can see your friend if he decided to wait outside with the ship and he can see you running around inside (through windows if present). This one of the things few developers have ever achieved, if any at all. There are other things which they accomplished which seem simple but are devilish difficult to do. Or actually entering the atmosphere of a planet and land anywhere you like (though note I believe they are not doing this for the major inhabited planets, however those are few) Anyway the rest of the presentation is all about showing 3.0 .
It is nice to see them taking the next leap in combining modules of the game and seeing it coming one more step closer to realisation.
Though do note, the Persistent Universe is a part of the game that is to be released after the single player. Not quite sure how much longer but at least a year. They keep quite tight lipped about the single player part of the game. But as mentioned at the end of the persentation, they do a big showcase at CitizenCon :D. I can only wonder what they will show, but if they are on schedule then the single player should be pretty much ready.

On a side note, they have free flight this weekend and they often do, allowing people who only registered and not purchased a package to be able to play the game, it is a nice way to check out the alpha. But do not forget, it is Alpha and learning curve can be steep. But it's quite cool already if you get the hang of it.
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:07 pm

I just watched the video about Alpha 3.0 and I just cant get excited about it yet, some of its looking good but
some of it is very flakey. And that Alpha 3 isn't coming out until December, how long are we looking until full release?

It may have promise but its still got so far to go, and on this one I'm going to wait to see what it looks like at release.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:21 pm

Doesnt the sheer complexity combined with the never before done things get you even a bit exicited? xD
Sometimes it is indeed flakey, but put some things in perspective though. It is alpha, and they were showing 3.0 with no crashes at all. Taking into account that they do not stage or set on rails, since they had crashes before on some shows and that currently 2.4 is live, 2.5 is almost there and 2.6 has to be release first, makes me say that it being flakey was all too bad. But yeah Alpha, the game is not release worthy. I sometimes bump into annoying bugs.

Well the Alpha is in regards to the Persistent Universe, which is due after the release of the Single player. I believe it is aimed for a late 2017 - begin 2018 release.
Squardon 42 (single player) is currenlty planned for the end of this year. Though it is awfully quiet.. so I'm already expecting a delay. However I'm very curious about what will be shown at CitizenCon.
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,

while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

Return to “Other Games”