In SPACE you can't hear EVE knife you in the BACK!

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Hanno

Re: In SPACE you can't hear EVE knife you in the BACK!

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:34 pm

After due care and checking I found my pc at home is older than I thought bought April 2010, and I even paid for it myself that time.
Its only i5-650 dual core while my PC at work is i53450 quad core.

Now got to decide whether to switch my pc at work with pc at home and buy new memory and new video card. = £100 + £200

Or go the whole hog and buy a new PC at home and downgrade my pc to replace laptop at home = £800-£900 (inc new monitor for extra pc)

Or Buy some towels instead - wait and see and hope for a pay bonus to pay for a new PC instead.

I hate decisions involving spending money.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:29 pm

Or..or..or..OR BUY AN XBOX ONE! :)

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:58 am

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Or..or..or..OR BUY AN XBOX ONE! :)

I think I'd rather just have the towels....
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:45 am

There's a new Star Citizen Video out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0tLbWv5K60

But I've got to admit its freaking annoying with lots of cuts between what I guess are
gameplay and 'trailer' video. I'd prefer just proper gameplay videos rather than this sort of hash.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Cool, thanks for the link. Looking nice of course. I am sure we will get plenty of footage as soon as the dogfighting part is released. (and plenty of initial bugs)

Anyone actually bothered to read about their multiplayer idea's?
http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/lis ... es/1560974 (Dutch in there)

For our English speaking members, some direct links from that article which are English and probably the most interesting to read anyway xD
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... Instancing
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... en-Economy

Btw, they gathered 20 milion Dollar now by crowd funding.
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:17 pm

And because Elite need as bit of love too,
Latest dev video about what was real ingame the last trailer and what was faked:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-gyDLRMXg#t=506

Not much real information but at least it makes a change developers being honest about
how much of there ingame videos are 'enhanced'
Plus for some reason I find David Braben's accent and casual presentation very soothing.

I'm still not sure whether its going to be Elite or Star Citizen for me, or most probably both.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:33 am

Another new Star citizen video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gZES2pTWk

“We’re pushing the limits with Star Citizen, and this commercial is our best example yet. It’s rendered 100% in-engine in real time at 4k resolution. We scale everything for the super high resolutions that will be the basis of tomorrow’s gaming experience; our assets are designed with high polycounts instead of having details baked into their textures. That’s a big part of why NVIDIA and AMD have been demoing Star Citizen at 4k! The next generation of CPUs and GPUs will make this kind of experience possible in gameplay, and we are building Star Citizen to be ready. With the Hornet commercial, we wanted to give our backers an early look.”

Are you excited yet, release is set for last quarter 2014.... a year. DOH.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Nice vid about the hornet, now even more one of my favorites xD
Thanks for the link Hanno!
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:25 pm

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:Nice vid about the hornet, now even more one of my favorites xD
Thanks for the link Hanno!

Tell the truth I'm starting to have big doubts about Star Citizen. It looks very pretty I admit but looking
at the 'pledge page' it just looks like a money printing scam. Which is working very well for them
as they are up to $25million.

The big where it falls apart is that some ships are massive real $ , in theory its not meant to be a pay to win game,
so you must be able to get the same spec ship from playing in game, but if so how are the people paying $250
for access to a ship straight away going to feel. And then there is "Lifetime insurance" which surely lost it for me.
And I don't understand the monthly subscription for more 'buy to win' goodies at all.

Okay Elite Dangerous works in similar way on their ship pledges, but its a lot simpler, it basically
opens up the option to start the game with that ship OR any other ships below that in pledge cost.
Again its just a quick start jump to a better ship, but it feels more straight forward and 'honest'
Its still a buy once and play game, no subscriptions or nonsense.
Elite Dangerous has only got £2million kickstarter backing so far, but has got industry investment as well.

At the moment I'm not touching Citizen, and will wait till its released to see reviews etc.
Elite on the other hand might tempt me into preordering some spacey love towards it.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:36 am

Depends on your definition of Pay to Win.

I would say that a game is Pay to Win when you are pretty much always unable to defeat a player who has paid. Others say that as soon as you are able to buy anything else but cosmetic upgrades/ items, that the game is Pay to Win.

I'd say that StarCitizen is somewhere in the between. At the start, there will be people having huge advantages over others, but i predict that gap will blur over time. It is possible that because of this you might be able to maintain an advantage. But then again, in any game with economies/ skills there are always a bunch that just invest more time and whatnot to keep an advantage, though they choose to invest that, so it is only fair that they get something in return. How would you feel yourself if you would be investing like that.
Anyway that said. I think it might perhaps be a good idea to have servers where everyone has to play from scratch. So no access to "Backers reward ships".

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:49 pm

Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Space citizens alpha has been shunted forward in time but the first dogfighting alpha part of Elite is now out in the alpha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm9W8vs0IWo
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:53 pm

Elite dangerous now in Alpha 2 with multiplayer enabled. Looks promising:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDWnBJYTFgs#t=292
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 pm

I was checking the main site of Star Citizen out. Reading up about the hard points, engines, weapons and upgrades, great mechanics! I am really liking everything i am reading about the game. Although it might be a bit much for the casual player. But then again, I guess they are not really aiming for them.

Check out https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Elite looks great too, will read up on how that is shaping up. In a way i feel sad that i will have to choose between the 2 of them. There havent been any great space sim for years and now 2 promising ones are coming out together. Shame.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:33 pm

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:I was checking the main site of Star Citizen out. Reading up about the hard points, engines, weapons and upgrades, great mechanics! I am really liking everything i am reading about the game. Although it might be a bit much for the casual player. But then again, I guess they are not really aiming for them.

Check out https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Elite looks great too, will read up on how that is shaping up. In a way i feel sad that i will have to choose between the 2 of them. There havent been any great space sim for years and now 2 promising ones are coming out together. Shame.

I think Elite will be released 6 months before StarCit so it might be a case of both....
Hanno's Law:

Return to “Other Games”