In SPACE you can't hear EVE knife you in the BACK!

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] N!MRoD

Re: In SPACE you can't hear EVE knife you in the BACK!

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:32 pm

I checked a bit on the main site of Elite, not much info there i must say. Found some wiki via google saying that they will have 25 ships on release. Though now i always see that same ship, the sidewinder, being used.

Any idea how many ships are playable currently?
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:12 pm

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:I checked a bit on the main site of Elite, not much info there i must say. Found some wiki via google saying that they will have 25 ships on release. Though now i always see that same ship, the sidewinder, being used.

Any idea how many ships are playable currently?

Still in alpha so only the one ship model at the moment I think. But have seen art for other ships on the ship/videos so a lot of that
is probably ready to implement in the background when they get the combat model/mechanics down.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Star Citizen currently has been doing this contest for their next starship where teams can compete for a prize and create a starship in Star Citizen. It started with the teams being selected based on a weapon they had to create for a ship. Most of the teams were picked by a jury of the devolpers and then there were some wildcards picked by the comunity.
Now the selected teams have started creating a mercenary gunship. The ship was chosen by the comunity.

Anyway they show a weekly progress video on https://robertsspaceindustries.com/cont ... t-starship for the ones that might be interested. It gives a nice insight on how they create their ships and also shows how much talent there is out there :)
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Alpha 3 for elites been out for a while now.
Got docking for space station in and a 2nd Ship (COBRA MK II - brings back memories) as well as the multiplayer dogfights from earlier.
Starting to look like a proper game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey22m463104

Still waiting to see alpha and proper footage from Star Citizen.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:24 pm

That looks very nice! Makes me wanna give that game also a go (even more).
Once again, it is a big bummer that these 2 games are competing :/

the Dogfighting module is being revealed at Pax, If i'm not mistaken then all ships that you can currently see in the hangar can be pilotted during that module. So i think those are 6?
Though no docking or something, it will only be a implemented as a "simulator", so you crawl in your ship in the hangar and activate a simulator so you never leave the module.
Speaking about docking, i heard something nice when they were talking about blowing pieces of ships. If you shoot the landing gear of a ship, then it will have to do a crash landing, which may result in death still, depending on ship damage taken.

Fun little bits i heard that they are working on. Ship gravity, if your bigger ships is being boarded "corvette or bigger" then you can turn off the gravity. Giving your anti boarding team an real advantage if the opposing team has not got magnetic boots or trusters.
Capital ships will have a sort of commanding module, one of the many spots that can be manned. This module is sort of a RTS interface where you can send commands to your friends etc.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:17 pm

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:Speaking about docking, i heard something nice when they were talking about blowing pieces of ships. If you shoot the landing gear of a ship, then it will have to do a crash landing, which may result in death still, depending on ship damage taken.

Fun little bits i heard that they are working on. Ship gravity, if your bigger ships is being boarded "corvette or bigger" then you can turn off the gravity. Giving your anti boarding team an real advantage if the opposing team has not got magnetic boots or trusters.
Capital ships will have a sort of commanding module, one of the many spots that can be manned. This module is sort of a RTS interface where you can send commands to your friends etc.

If they can get in nice little touches like that it would definitely make the game more interesting.
I might put some cash down for the cheapest ship/Beta for Star Citizen if I have any cash left at the end of the month.
The Beta for Elite is overpriced, and I see no point in pre-ordering if I don't get advantage of earlier access.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:58 am

I am waiting for the Mustang to be available for pledge.
The current starter ship is the Aurora, a jack of all trades, which can get lots of upgrades apparantly.
With all the funding they now got they deciced to make another starters ship, the Mustang, it is a small one man figher. Is a one seater, no running around in the cockpit as you can in the Aurora. I think i will be more of a shooter then a trader, or a salvager. Maybe it is also more your thing Hanno, if so then perhaps its good to wait out. If not and you like to do trade runs, I dont mind running guard duty every now and then xD.

And they are adding LOTs of tiny things that will make the game quite awesome. I could make a list which would be soooo long :p

Anyway a few things. Mining stations, trade stations. As a player you will be able to gain control of them. Say, you will be able to produce your own products and make a profit of it. Hopefully, and influence the economy with your products. Sounds interesting imo.
There will not just be dogfighting in the game, but there will also be man to man (or woman) combat. I am having this idea/ feeling the game is also becoming a small FPS.
This combat part will play out when you will board enemy ships, trying to steal their cargo or their ship fully intact. And they will try to resist. Several types of armor are planned and gadgets to prepare yourself for boarding.
Ship system tweaking/ upgrading. You will be able to improve your reactor/ engines/ cargo room/ weapons and what not to give perhaps give them more power or perhaps some handy side effects. However you cant get it all, so you will have to choose. For example stronger engines or silent/ stealth engines? More cargo or special hidden cargo space that is not detectable for contraband?

These are actual things that are being implemented at this moment. However i expect them to iron out the dogfighting module first. The peldgers will be very happy with that, all they can do now is board their ships and run around in it xD.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:21 pm

The first "stable" of the dogfighting module has been show off at PAX east. Chris Robets hasnt got a god mode on at the start and gets himself crashed when trying to show off things xD

Anyway http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/11/pax-e ... y-footage/ for some ingame footage. The crowd liked the "putting on the VR helmet" animation a lot xD

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:40 pm

A little extra interview. Chris Robets explaining some stuff.
What i liked a lot was him explaining the black out effect when you are making too many G's when turning your ship.
He explained that it was not fully activated in the demo, that if you black out that you need to regain conscience for a few moments and that your ship will be uncontrolled during that time.
You might think, hey that is stupid. Well yeah, it is only part of the system. Currently it is so made that your ship has a failsafe if it can make too many G's. So that if you are trying to turn too much that your ship failsafe will kick in and you cannot black out. However, pilots can decide to lower the failsafe or even completely disable it so they can "live more on the edge" . This can give them the edge in a dogfight, But make a small mistake and you will unconscience for a serveral seconds which will likely result in your death..

Full interview on
https://www.google.nl/url?q=http://www. ... JgBDsVwSWg

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Sorry but Chris Roberts really came out sounding like a cretin on that video even allowing for the cretin like environment etc of PAX.

I can accept that its alpha etc and its buggy etc but there's so much I found annoying about the footage.

The annoying slow pace up to the ship.
The helmet flip - cool the first time, annoying by the third time you've seen it.
*Press escape to skip this annoying animation*

The missile lock animation was pretty bad as well. Just read a post on RPS on it which summed up my feelings.
Shadowcat says:
I imagine the next Annoying User Interface feature will be to have Clippy pop up and say “It looks like you’re trying to attain missile lock! Would you like help?”

Also I was bit puzzled by the general quality of the video, would of been better if they had released the video themselves at a decent quality.

I love the sound of all the features to come on SC but I just don't feel excited about it yet.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:41 am

I must admit, not a big fan of how the missile lock is at the moment. Though thats pretty much it for me. I must say i like that little extra things that are adding in a game, it gives it that extra bit of immersion that seperates it from the other games, granted though, immersion is of no use if the game itself is crap. Though I am amazed that there are quite a few haters out there, usually ranting on about how much money they received and how little they have to show for. I dont get that they dont realise that you dont build a game (of this size) in a year time. Anyway it is nice as of late to see that many of the different teams are showing their stuff and some things are being added together and it is nice to start seeing some things come together.

On a side note. Hanno, what would make you feel excited?

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:24 am

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:
On a side note. Hanno, what would make you feel excited?

Not sure. It might just be due to the history. I was a big Elite Fan when I was 11 years old, and Frontier elite later. But when I was 20+ I also played the wing commander games
but they just seemed all Gloss no depth. I'm sort of frightened SC will be all shiny gimick without having the depth behind it.

I'm pretty excited about Elite but not £50-£100 excited enough to pay for Beta.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 pm

Oh i know that feeling, well, i guess I am hoping that it turns out a bit like the Freelancer game. I never played wing commander. But Freelancer i loved, it just had all the little things it needed for me :)

Anyway cloud imperium added their own video of their pax presentation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... E3WxpO4jW0
at the end they show stuff which they werent able to show at the Pax event. Apparantly the troubles they had at the event was something with getting the copy of their game server running properly, but it worked fine afterwards at the actual pax event. As many people noticed.
Also you can see the demo guy run faster in the hanger xD, and they were talking about rearming your ship on the landing platforms if you are out of ammo. Not sure how that will work out though when in combat and such. Though nice to see them actually leave the fighter in space and move around in zero gravity.
Anyway i think it will be quiet again for a few months now :D

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue May 20, 2014 10:35 am

Space fight is hotting up:

Elite Alpha 4 came out last week and has travelling/trading/fighting between 5 systems in 4 ships:
Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 offers total freedom as you trade your way through the star systems, pirate, hunt for bounties, and become immersed in exploration and combat with a choice of ships and weaponry.

Explore five star sytems, centred around the Boötes constellation, with two additional methods of travel make their full debut in Alpha 4; super-cruise for accelerated within-system travel and hyperspace jumps for travel between systems. There are also new ships available to pilots, including the Anaconda.

The five Alpha 4 star systems are themselves set within 400,000,000 star systems of the Milky Way galaxy, all of which are moving correctly; spinning and orbiting in an incredible ballet. Whilst exploration is currently limited to the five Alpha 4 systems, the ‘night sky’ is accurate wherever you travel.

Trading between systems is introduced for the first time, using a sophisticated market that dynamically evolves according to local supply and demand.

Star Citizen promises release of their delayed dogfighting module at the end of May:
“We intend to launch Arena Commander in two weeks, on May 29th.The goal is that every backer will have access to the single player ‘Free Flight’ and ‘Vanduul Swarm’ games modes on this day, and the very first batch of multiplayer testers will get access to the game’s multiplayer game modes. We will scale up the multiplayer as quickly as possible starting on that date, increasing the number of players as it is stable and stopping to fix bugs where needed.”

“This date is based on our best possible projections using the latest information put together by Star Citizen’s production team as of this afternoon. This is a big part of what the often-unseen production side of game development does: schedule out every task they believe is required for a game to ship. At this point, we’re close enough that we feel fairly confident in this date… but the next two weeks will be a march!”
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue May 20, 2014 11:26 pm

Nice Elite is going nicely 5 systems already :o with figthing and trading. Nice.

I think only 3 ships will be pilotable at the start of the dogfightmodule. They gave a lil update last week on the Mustang, but seems to me that it is still at least a month off, so meh :/ no plegde yet

Return to “Other Games”