In SPACE you can't hear EVE knife you in the BACK!

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] N!MRoD

Re: In SPACE you can't hear EVE knife you in the BACK!

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Nice, i like it. Would be awesome if you can access the rings with the forest zones etc.
Some peeps are just demanding though if you see the comments, like calling it boring or complaining about the interior being the same (as the other stationi guess).
Anyway i like it :) And thanks for the link.
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:20 am

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:Nice, i like it. Would be awesome if you can access the rings with the forest zones etc.
Some peeps are just demanding though if you see the comments, like calling it boring or complaining about the interior being the same (as the other stationi guess).

I thought the forest/parkland bits in it looked good because it gives a real sense of scale to the whole station.
Walking around/boarding not planned until expansions next year though :-(
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:55 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:
[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:Nice, i like it. Would be awesome if you can access the rings with the forest zones etc.

I thought the forest/parkland bits in it looked good because it gives a real sense of scale to the whole station.
Walking around/boarding not planned until expansions next year though :-(

Nice enough that they are wanting to do so. Gives you something to look forward too :)
And indeed, it adds to the scale :)
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:42 pm

Yet another ship presented in the wireframe model. Ugh these are coming up so unexpected. I'm still waiting for the mustang!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... classified

Also recently shown is the new hangar which is close to release.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... oid-Hangar
And the first sneak peak has been given of walking around on the surface of Terra, but that was part of a larger vid so i'll wait until they show some dedicated vid.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:17 am

Now on to Beta 1 on Elite dangerous and they are including skins that you have to buy with real money, which I think is bad.
https://store.zaonce.net/game-extras.html?p=1&utm_campaign=8b7e3f3ba9-Newsletter_34&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Elite%3A+Dangerous+Newsletter&utm_term=0_eb767c006f-8b7e3f3ba9-303061409
The skins look okay but I hope they make different skins available with in game currency.

Other stuff in the new beta:
- 55 star systems covering 38,000 cubic lightyears
- The start of online missions
- Player-to-player communication by text and voice
- Friends management and matchmaking
- Private Group play option
- On-line single player option
- Overview trade route mapping
- The concept of fuel consumption
- Docking computers to automate safe star port landings
- Two additional ships, the heavy fighter Viper and Lakon’s Type 6 medium trader ship

PS if you want to be reminded why we hate Chris Roberts, Wing Commander 3 is free on the house with Origin at the moment :-)
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:24 pm

Why use 1 monitor when you can have FIVE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsEsIXPkLAU
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Looking nice but the beta prices is a bit high, dont get it why they ask so much for it in Beta for a not completed buggy game where they expect you to assist by reporting bugs :s
I'd say the skins are a good idea for getting in extra money, extra money is good, and some people actually expect you to have all kinds of merchandise. So if you fail on that you lose income and perhaps a player too.
I'm curious how the generated star systems will turn out. Because if i understood it well, it is based on actual charts?

And finally, I do not get all the hate that Roberts receives. Imo it is sad. He designed space sims that are considered major games in their genre. One of those i still have very fond memories. And with star citizen he took a risk trying to create another space sim game of which publishers did not even want to fund. He gave it a go and now the genre gets some much needed attention. Now he is creating a game in the way he envisions, for which people are free to fund, and apparantly he is doing something right because they keep getting extra funding about 1 Mil $ about every 2 weeks. So these aint bad things at all, neither are they perfect, but no one really is. Still so much hate, which is a real shame, people should use their energy for something better i'd say :/.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:49 pm

I don't really hate Chris Roberts, I just have doubts on whether the game will ever land and actually have all the features that they promise.
I think a lot of the actual hate on the forum is against the amount of money people are throwing at the game - people throwing $1000 dollars
on imaginary ships etc. People see that $50million raised and just generally feel jealous.

I agree the £50 for Elite Beta is high, but the reasoning behind the high costs was to match the original kick starter which had
built high costs to limit the number of people from swamping the servers from the start so that they could gradually increase the numbers
as development went on.
BUT I have to admit after receiving my end of year dividend bonus from work and having a weekend of boredom to look forward to while
wife was away - I caved and signed up for the Elite beta. I wouldn't usually contemplate spending that amount on a game, but
the nostalgia factor was high for me from the original 30 years ago ...

My initial feelings about the game was 'heck this is very hard and unforgiving' couldn't play with just keyboard and mouse
changed over to xbox controller instead and that worked a lot better. After you get used to the 1000's controls things get
a bit easier, but I still managed to crash and burn my ship and lose most of my cash twice after getting over confident
in speeding out of the space stations. Docking is a bit difficult to start with (as it was in the original game) and by the time you
can afford a docking computer ( accompanied by the Blue Danube music) you are pretty good at docking anyway - but its nice to be able
to go away and make a drink while it lands you.
Over all the game is nearly complete as the original was, trading and combat both work well, although mining isn't in yet.
Spaces between planets seem very empty (too much reality there!) and there needs to be much more content added.
I haven't tried pvp at the moment as was saving up for a better ship - so mainly doing trade runs which can be very grindy after a while.
The graphics are outstanding in some places and the interfaces are very well thought out and effective.
Bugwise - two crashes over the weekend - plus a couple of nasty spots when I came out of jump inside the walls of the space station
and felt like my ship was being mangled in a washing machine - crash bang grating sounds lights and collision warnings flashing -
pumped shields up and managed to survive long enough to get out of a gap in the wall.

I wouldn't recommend to buy the beta at the high price but over all the game is looking pretty solid with flight dynamics, systems and graphics
all in place, all it needs is more content now and it should be a pretty good game by xmas.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:44 am

This guy has put together a flight manual for Elite which has loads of details about playing the game in:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/236560722/Elite-Dangerous-pilots-guide-manual-tutorial
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Thats actually a really nice manual!

For SC there has been a private Event at gamescom.
The entire presentation can be see on this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0grZDNdUYY
It is one hour where a few reveals are made. One hour is a bit long so in the next link you can see individual videos of the seperate reveals.
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/08/star-c ... ull-report
Biggest points that were mentioned are:
-Racing module in Arena commander with devs actually racing (and crashing xD) along with a another fighting event plus coop modes.
-The final version of the multi crew ship the constellation and its various variants.
-The revamped hangars.
-Ingame footage of multi crew combat in the constellation - quite nice with showing off a hull breach though dunno how far they will go into where hull breaches can appear.
-A sneak peak of the FPS module
-And decoupled mode now is full 6 degrees of freedom - before strafing was not decoupled so when you released the stafing direction your trusters would counter strafe

It is silly how they made 2M $ in this week, so currently the total is 51M. I find it hard to understand why people want to pay so much for it.
For me part of the fun is getting the actual ships in game, but some people actually are disappointed if something is not available for purchase.
In any case enjoy the new stuff.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:55 am

emmm.

Star Citizen spending more of their ill gotten gains on making a Jeremy Clarkson soundalike:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SpsjUHj_II

Sort of losing the will to care ...
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:01 am

Ah come on, I found that entertaining, lots of folks do. And ill gotten, where did you get that from?
Now they could have tried to get Jeremy to do that, I'd say that would be a bit much for a commercial. But my I'm sure it is one of the voice actors they already hired for the tons of voice acting they are already doing.
Also, they do these commercials for every ship in game related to its "main" purpose, to add immersion. The commercials will be shown ingame in bars etc, as they already are in the current hangers.

Anyway ships are coming out faster now, they have currently streamlined many of the processes for building the ships. I think more or less there are currently 9 hangar ready, 8 flyable and 6 combat ready. The last part usually takes longer because of the damaged states they need to create for the ship. Also i'm curious what ships they are hiding for the single player module, bigger ships that is, nothing much of that has been disclosed yet, aside from that they have finished certain missions, and it is still on schedule Q1 next year.. anyway i'll just wait, nothing to loose

Regarding budgets, heard of the one from the new Bungie game? Apparantly that one was 360M

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Quite a few things have been shown lately regarding the SC scene. New ships, planet landings, but one of the more bigger ones is the FPS module, which is internally in a playable state.
This is an interesting read about how the damage states of a body works and how healing works plus how it all ties in with your starships.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... r-Spacemen
I do not think there is any game out there that has it this detailed yet? I remember playing Golden Eye and Perfect Dark, where you could hurt someone by shooting them in the hand or leg and they would flinch. Though never saw anything more advanced like that, as in that you can render someones arm useless.
Anyway i'm generally not so much of a realistic shooter player, like planet side is what I enjoyed most in that regard. However i'm curious because of the level of depth.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Something you might enjoy Hanno, if you havent seen it already, a guy who made a setup with 3 beamers to simulate the cockpit in Elite of the sidewinder i think?
Though i was suprised to read that they are release next month, because i thought there would be 30 playable ships, which is really a lot imo, though currently i saw 13? Just a change of plans or is there a special reason?

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:58 pm

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:Something you might enjoy Hanno, if you havent seen it already, a guy who made a setup with 3 beamers to simulate the cockpit in Elite of the sidewinder i think?
Though i was suprised to read that they are release next month, because i thought there would be 30 playable ships, which is really a lot imo, though currently i saw 13? Just a change of plans or is there a special reason?

I know there was meant to be 30 ships at release, I'm not sure how many there are going to be.
I suspect the real reason they've pushed the release is to catch the Christmas crowd.

I've played the beta ( a couple of months ago) and it seemed pretty smooth and impressive but a bit empty still.
But there's been three more beta updates since then I've not looked at - mainly because I couldn't face the 'reset' for release,
maybe just because I've had other games grab my attention.

There's going to be more on going 'free' development as well as paid for upgrade packs, so have to wait and see what it really turns into.
Hanno's Law:

Return to “Other Games”