Titanfall

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] N!MRoD

Titanfall

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Anyone seen this one already? This one caught my eye recently because the reveiwer was referencing a lot to Q3 and UT because the game was giving it a very similar feel when he was playing it.

Looks promising thus far, however it is still in not finished.
It is targeted for a Q1 2014 release.
One thing i dont like very much is that EA is publishing..
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Hanno

Re: Titanfall

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:36 am

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:One thing i dont like very much is that EA is publishing..

"SimCity"

Hanno runs away...
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:39 pm

I never played simcity, not so much into it. Closest thing to it that i ever played are the Anno 1602 etc games. Much simulation but also a fair portion of combat.
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Origin = Return the game for a full refund within 24 hours as long as you haven't finished the game.

They may be the worst but that's a start.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:24 am

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:I never played simcity, not so much into it. Closest thing to it that i ever played are the Anno 1602 etc games. Much simulation but also a fair portion of combat.

I was just referring to the SimCity release earlier in the year when its 'always online' which was a total fiasco.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Forcing people rarely ever works out, too bad they dont seem to learn. Besides, i wouldnt play sim city for a multiplayer, so dont really get that at all. Is there even a multiplayer for it?

Anyway, I hope it will also be available on steam or such. But i fear matchmaking will go over origin so no going around it probably.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:29 pm

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:Forcing people rarely ever works out, too bad they dont seem to learn. Besides, i wouldnt play sim city for a multiplayer, so dont really get that at all. Is there even a multiplayer for it?

That was the point, there was some multiplayer interaction between neighbouring cities but it wasn't nessecery and it wasn't enough interacting to really be called Multiplayer.
So the whole "Always on line " thing was pointless and when their servers kept crashing during the launch week no one could play at all.
= Fiasco!
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi dudes, been following titanfall and it looks really nice, but it is Origin only, sigh.
Anyone knows if Origin is trustable ? When it was released there was much ruckus about it snooping around on your pc?
I googled a bit but found old articles only, was wondering about what it actually transmits, how it acts to " less legal" software you have on your PC.
Although I think I am one of the guys that actually mostly buys stuff, I dont buy it all so I wouldnt be happy it making a fuss about it.
For example i remember starforce making a fuss about having deamon tools installed..

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Nim.

I'm thinking back but I think the fuss with Origin was that it was using punkbuster to record IPs
to try and cut down on hacking. I'm thinking that steam recently got caught out in the same thing.
There may of been more to it than this, but I think that's what I read.
Personally I don't see a problem with this, anything to stop hackers is worth a slight loss in privacy.

I'm slightly more concerned about the 49Gb titanfall wants to eat of your harddrive .
35gb is uncompressed audio - uncompressed so it saves on CPU cyles on low end machines,
and also its big chunk as it installs ALL LANGUAGES at once.
49Gb is quite a big chunk if I wanted to put it on my SDD
and a flipping big DL (24hours? on my slow broadband) if I wanted to buy it digital

Anyway, I'm waiting on full reviews and for the price to drop after the first few weeks,
then I might buy it if any of the other usual FnG suspects do.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Origin isn't the big bad it used to be.

As for the game it's self I've been watching a few vids on it and know a few of the youtubers are streaming it come release day so I might have a watch and see how it plays. It might be a game to buy at some point but not one I'd be getting straight away, Diablo 3 is keeping me busy at the minute and tackeling my back log is on my to do list. If we get enough interest (and a price drop/sale) I'd pick it up, maybe after we burn our selves out with BF4.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:06 pm

so if i am not mistaken its released now, anyone playing? If so let me know.

And about steam, I am a bit weary of them too.
But yeah perhaps it is time to let origin in, just for the few games.

Speaking about hackers, i dont think the goals justify the means, in this case to catch hackers. Generally i am happy if you can report them and they can get their accounts banned.
I think that hurts most of the hackers out there, forcing them to get a new key having to spend money.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:18 pm

I've watched a few videos and reviews for the game and at the moment it really doesn't do it for me.
From what I understand from it, there's less weapons and customisation then BF4, there's no matching making at all so newbies can and are being placed against those who've been playing early through a VPN there's also no lobby/server browser. You also need to play through the MP campaign now to grab the weapon/titan unlocks before people stop playing those modes.

For me it's not on my "must buy" list but I'll put it in the maybe pile in case the others think about getting it.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:04 pm

I have this for the Xbox One.
Its fast and its fun, no denying that. Wall running, double jumping, jet packs, zip line, huge mechs...whats not to like? :)

It's infinitely better than COD Ghosts (which I have dumped like the guff it is), and has become my 'pick up and play' game of choice when I have a spare 30 minutes or so.

However, it is VERY light in content, and I wonder about its long term appeal?

Fortunately, it's so different to BF4 that there is room for both in my game time!

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:20 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:I have this for the Xbox One.

Hey Bawsy!
Hanno's Law:

Return to “Other Games”