Far Cry 3

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Hanno

Far Cry 3

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:34 am

Anybody tried this? It seems to get good reviews for a story based shooter.

Just wondering as I noticed it was cheapish on amazon and was halfway tempted.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Re: Far Cry 3

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:15 pm

I've just getting it for free through the PS3's PSplus subscription but I've heard a lot of people go on about how good it is.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:40 pm

PS3 *hiss*

But the coop and multiplayer is meant to be "meh!" anyway.

Well it was only £9.99 for the PC download from Amazon.
My budget is already shot to heck this month so what the hell.

PS. First time I've tried Amazons downloader but took about 9 hours to download this 8Gb.
BF3 rom EA took about 10hours for 16?Gb to reinstall.
Not sure how much is because of my bad connection.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Lazz

Postby [FnG] Lazz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:26 am

Far Cry 3 is an enjoyable game. I played the first couple but got bored after a while, but FC 3 has substance. The freedom it has is good fun. Particularly in instances where you have to take over bases which have multiple heavy armed enemies and you can choose to sneak around and try and take them out one by one, or cause some distraction or whatever.

One of FC 3's biggest strengths is also almost a weakness. Vaas. Vaas is an amazing character (check out youtube clips). The guy who did the voice acting for him (who actually looks like him irl) is superb and gives him such depth that although he is a complete psychopath, I found myself having the urge to complete more missions so that I could have more scenes with him.

The will go down in my book as one of the best video game characters ever.......but therein lies the problem. He isnt the main bad guy, he is the second main one, and probably about half way through the game, when your 'done' with him, and its time to go after the 'main' bad guy, he just seems dull and boring in comparison and it takes the edge off everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ai3Maj9IZQ

Dont watch that video with kids about though :)

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:00 am

[FnG] Lazz wrote:
Dont watch that video with kids about though :)

Yes. I wish developers realised that as adults we have children about and give us a cut scene bleeper
or option to cut the bad language.

Erin is fine with me cutting pirates throats but tends to tell Me off when the baddies are
swearing etc.

I could wear headphones but from past experience I found they screw things up with my tinnitus.

Had a few fun hours yesterday anyway, decimating the Island wildlife to make bigger bags/holsters/wallets etc.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Far Cry 3 was very good. Taking the outposts never got old!

Return to “Other Games”