Games to watch out for in 2014

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Unholy Eve

Re: Games to watch out for in 2014

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Just to add to the above;

If you play it solely for the campaign then it'll be over in around 10 hours or so as there's only 12? Story Missions.
The side quests have you creating the legend behind your weapons Urfael, Acharn and Azkar. Also by finishing 5 and 10 of the side missions per weapon upgrades the weapon and gives it a newer look. The sword hits harder and quicker, the bow draws quicker and hits harder and the dagger's stealth assassinations are preformed quicker.
The game takes the good bits from Batman Arkham and Assassins Creed rolls them to together and we end up with this.
Orks, the captain class or above come with various strengths and weaknesses but on top of that they remember you which changes the dialogue the next time you meet. So if you run away after starting a fight and run into the same guy again you'll be mocked for running previously or told you won't escape this time, which is a nice touch me thinks.

If you can pick it up on the cheap then I'd recommend it, even if you just want to roam about killing orks for an hour or two.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:01 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:If you can pick it up on the cheap then I'd recommend it, even if you just want to roam about killing orks for an hour or two.

Don't tell me you've completed it already?
Think I'm on the 5 story mission after playing 14hours, but not rushing it as I get distracted easily.
Although some of time I was on pause shaking out my hands and walking up and down stairs to stretch my legs.

oh and note its 35Gb so get it on DVD if you have a slow bb connection.
Even so it took 45 minutes to install off 5 disks and then another hour to patch for me.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:14 am

Nope I've done the first mission on the 2nd map and that's as far as I've gotten.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:24 am

So browsing around looking for deals I stumbled upon this game and thought it looked some what interesting and quite far out of my gaming comfort zone.

Seems a bit different from what we normally play, thoughts?

[FnG] Mez

Postby [FnG] Mez » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm also keeping an eye on Wreckfest (Next Car Game), but it looks like Bugbear are struggling to make progress.

I still play their "Flat Out:Ultimate Carnage" occasionally, but it will take them years to get the thing back up to that level of completeness. The PC gaming industry seems to be in limbo these days, as far as funding goes.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:52 pm

I've been watching that one for a while and almost bought it a few times but cause it's still in AE I'm steering clear.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:47 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:So browsing around looking for deals I stumbled upon this game and thought it looked some what interesting and quite far out of my gaming comfort zone.

Seems a bit different from what we normally play, thoughts?

Just so I get this right -
this is a game based on the witcher board game which was an adaption of the witcher pc rpg which was an adaption of the witcher books?

Can they do a pop song as well :-)
Think I'll give it a miss, turn based just doesn't work for me in multiplayer, I don't have the stamina to sit up at all hours playing.

and MEz - > I'm still watching Wreckfest but I'll probably wait until after its out properly and then in steam sale.
Esp. as I already coughed up for 'The Crew' which should cater for my racing needs for a couple or 3 months.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:45 pm

Let us know how The Crew is when Uplay starts working on Saturday :P

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:43 am

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:Let us know how The Crew is when Uplay starts working on Saturday :P

Saturdays a tad bit optimistic... and I want to install my new SDD before I dl it which will probably be another nights worth.
I bought it based on enjoying the Beta, so not really got a rush to play it.
I'll probably play another weekend of 7days first while they iron out any new game server cruddiness in The Crew.

Oh and while we aren't talking about turn based games, have you considered Chaos Reborn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3giLKQt99c
I remember a number of drunken evenings playing the original on a battered old ZX Spectrum
and it was a pretty good game back then - but that might of been the alcohol speaking.
So I'll probably wait for the inevitable cut price steam sale.
You see what I did there I started out positive about buying something and by the end of the
paragraph I'd changed my mind...

I am broke now anyway after buying xmas presents for Erin - role on XMAS bonus.
Hanno's Law:

Return to “Other Games”