The Crew

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Hanno

The Crew

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:03 am

Anyone else got a Beta key for this weeks Beta?
Last edited by [FnG] Hanno on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

The_Carrot

Re: The Crew?

Postby The_Carrot » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:27 pm

I have applied but I have not got a key (yet)
payday 2 will keep me entertained for a while, waiting won't be a big problem!

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:49 pm

The_Carrot wrote:I have applied but I have not got a key (yet)
payday 2 will keep me entertained for a while, waiting won't be a big problem!

Well if you get one before beta ends, give me a shout.

I've enjoyed the beta although the Uplay downloader is a complete stinker.

Game is laid out very much open world in the same way as Far Cry or assassins creed.
Missions/skill challenges show up on the map after you've unlocked (found) a data station for the area.
The story line as far as Ive done it is the normal gangs thing and a bit boring but gives you easy xp/cash.
Skill challenges are more fun and quicker and you get upgrades for your car.
You get 4 cars to choose at the start (after driving a complete turkey in the prologue)
and you buy paint/stickers/visual upgrades as well as offroad or other kits.
The handling is pretty arcade rather than sim very similar to Project Torque.

Driving from one point to another is fun, weaving though the npc traffic is satisfying.
You can pick up the skill missions on the way (without even stopping in a number of cases) for extra xp/cash.
The map is scaled down to compress the content to a manageable distance but I think it takes at least
an hour real time to cross the entire map. You can set a waypoint and the game gives a sort of gps racing
line showing you where to go, although some times it points you off road and in one case straight off a cliff for me.
I've been shouting at the npcs a lot to get out of the way a lot , as they just seem happy to carry on as you try to
speed past them, I mean they stop for traffic lights which is inconvenient.

The pvp hasn't been working yet for me although I dosee some other real people (rather than the pretend npcs) in game,
will be a bit disappointed if they don't get this sorted before the end of the beta to try out. Oh and it took me 4 hours
to work out how to switch off the voice chat (because its not in the settings panel, its under the crew roster doh!)

Over all graphics are okay (maxed out on my pc) but they don't have a wow factor.
Apart from long loading when their servers went crazy, no other bugs for me in the 5 hours I spent playing.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:37 am

I did sign up for the beta, and did not receive a key yet, perhaps because I have not installed UPlay untill this morning.

Sorry to say, but my username on uplay is guest-DB2HTPOT, and that is not changeable. :thumbup:
I am not going to support crap companies that can not even handle name changes.

From what I read on their forums this is already going on from 2012 and still no date when it will be implemented. :lollipop:

ah well, we'll wait and see :(

ImageImage

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:46 pm

[FnG] Lambik wrote:I did sign up for the beta, and did not receive a key yet, perhaps because I have not installed UPlay untill this morning.

Sorry to say, but my username on uplay is guest-DB2HTPOT, and that is not changeable. :thumbup:
I am not going to support crap companies that can not even handle name changes.

From what I read on their forums this is already going on from 2012 and still no date when it will be implemented. :lollipop:

ah well, we'll wait and see :(

I agree about the name change thing, I was thinking of starting a second account with a better name. Doesn't matter for single player stuff I've played in the past ie Farcry
But you look a total muffin with a name like the above :-) and uplay has other problems as well.

Beta is over now anyway at least for this round.

I'm sort of tempted by the game which is due out in November but its quite possible Ill wait until January and see if the price comes down,
Depends if I've got anything better to play in the meantime especially over xmas.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:36 am

Just for information...
You can now change your name U-Play. if you click the button on edit avatar it goes into a webpages where you can change your name as well.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 am

Had some good fun over the weekend playing this with Eve.

The map of the USA is very nicely done, big enough for lots of stuff to see and explore.
The story is a bit duff, but the other skill tests etc and collection things are fun.
Eve and I spent about an hour on the Bonham salt flats trying to outdo each others record on a speed test.
Same thing on a few others that went back and forth with us improving and trying to beat each other.
The cars are generally nice to drive and there is a nice selection, its more arcade than simulation but is definitely fun.
Considering the scope of the game which the graphics aren't out and out spectacular they are pretty
impressive in quite a few places. The variety of landscapes and conditions give a great variety.
From swamps, to snow/ice, to sand dunes, to corn fields, up mountains and through cities an costal resorts.
Its just nice to drive from one place to another.

We did have a few problems with lag, a few crashes (losing that missions xp doh) probably due
to the servers being overwhelmed as usual close to the games release.
The other big downside is at the moment you can't reset and play again - it could do with a prestige type mode.
Saying that you can buy a new car and redo a load of the speed tests again and try and improve on your best.

Still to explore the end game, there's a load of faction type missions taking from 10 minutes to about 2 hours to complete,
as well as different PvP lobbys for the standard sort of races as well as trying to improve on the skill challenges with supercars.

Not sure about the longevity but its a pretty nice game, and I'd recommend it, definitely more fun playing with friends than solo though.

PS The police like Eve a lot, they seem to thing he has criminal tendencies.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:31 pm

just a heads up that the base game is currently free on UPLAY at the moment

Its a pretty good racing game - more game than sim but fun when there's 2 or 3 of you messing around.
The missions are a bit bad at the beginning but ignoring them its a pretty solid game with a nice variety of cars/racing types.

They are probably hoping that people will enjoy it enough to buy the expansions.
Erin and I have been playing it regularly for WILD RUN expansion as the extra Monster trucks/bikes are fun in it
and the summit missions give it a bit more focus and there is another cop/robber expansion coming out in November.

As I say the base game is FREE so worth a look even if you don't want to pay out for the expansions.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:18 pm

Haven't had a race game for some time, could be fun to check out :)
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:23 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:Haven't had a race game for some time, could be fun to check out :)

Its been a while since project torque and pushing things off the roof.
The good/bad news is that Eve still likes to drive the wrong way round the courses to 'annoy' people!
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Re: The Crew (Main game now free for short time SEPT 2016)

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:58 pm

I finally was able to create an account and downloaded the game, haven't played it yet

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:42 am

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:I finally was able to create an account and downloaded the game, haven't played it yet

When you get past all the cruddy missions and can actually drive its quite good fun but replaying some of the missions
with Lambik the other week I remember how bad they were...
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:55 pm

whats everyones usernames?

[FnG] Hanno

Re: The Crew

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Bad timing Rampy.
The full free copy of the base game which was part of Ubisofts 30th Anniversary ended on the 15th October, I think you were a day late.
They only have the free trail version which is until you get to level 10 on there now :-(
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Re: The Crew

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:51 am

I bought the full game, have been having lots of fun just doing the storyline :D

Return to “Other Games”