UO free-shards! (Who wants to come?)

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FDG]Sundae

Re: UO free-shards! (Who wants to come?)

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:52 pm

You're welcome to join us if you'd like. ;) For non-PvPers the game's more fun than ever because of the Trammel / Felucca world separation. No more having all your farming ruined by a ganking crowd of jerks at the last minute. :)

(PvPers were, understandably, upset by that change. :p)

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:57 pm

I'll assume none of you are joining us. :(

But for just in case:

CLIENT DOWNLOAD:

http://www.uo.com/uoml/downloads.shtml

Pick a source that works for you. You want the "Mondain's Legacy" client. Once you DL it, go install it and then run it. Let it complete the entire update process, then exit and run it again. Repeat this until it stops having updates for you, then close it.

Next:

RAZOR - Client Connection Tool and Macro Assistant

http://www.runuo.com/razor/download.php

You'll want this too. Whenever you want to play, run RAZOR first, and tell it to connect you to the UO Demise server. That is how you'll connect to bypass the UO servers. It'll take care of all the connection forwarding for you. Additionally, this program lets you run macros on your characters, takes care of a lot of other fancy features, and LETS YOU FORCE YOUR DISPLAY AREA. (That's important unless you like seeing a tiny 640x480 window on your 1650x1080 monitor)

Normally I would link you to UO Automap right now, but it's basically worthless at this point. It hasn't been updated since 2007, so it's missing about 1/3 of the areas at this point and it also no longer auto-calibrates your location. Not worth it.

Instead:

UO.STRATICS.COM

That's your non-Sundae source of game info. Monster info, maps, locations, etc.

So far it's me, Nuts, and Trajick from the FDG forums. I'm sure Flag will join in if he sees it.

~S

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Status update, if anyone wants to join. :)

Current players:

Sundae, Dark, Cookies, Sinful, Splodey, Nuts (not really), Sublime (occasionally)

Sundae and Dark have relatively high-level characters at this point, and Sundae has a house blocked off in a perfect position to allow a little village of houses around it if anyone wants. Alternatively, people could go build their houses wherever they can find openings and probably make bigger ones.

Anyone who wants to join is totally welcome to. :)

Return to “Other Games”