Bioshock demo download

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Lazz

Bioshock demo download

Postby [FnG] Lazz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:30 pm

Hi all

Not sure if you know but the demo for the upcoming PC / Xbox 360 game, Bioshock, has been released. Whats so special about it are its graphics, the blend between being a FPS yet with an RPG element, and its origional storyline. So far this has been reviewed quite a few times, and even some of the most well known sites like IGN gave it 9.7 out of 10.

So is it worth all the hype and great reviews? Well, here are some links to the demo so you can preview it. (It is 1.8GB)

http://www.fileplanet.com/180044/download/BioShock-Demo

http://files.filefront.com/BioShock_PC_ ... einfo.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/biosh ... =dltopslot

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/10997/B ... ggodshvmFA

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games-De ... Demo.shtml

http://www.gamershell.com/download_20697.shtml

[FnG] Kaidan Fenix

Postby [FnG] Kaidan Fenix » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:15 pm

the graphics are actually not that great, but the design makes it look really good.
Michael Jackson wrote:This is what I do when I see an Xbox360. . .I turn 360 degrees and moonwalk away, whoo hoo!

[FnG] Lazz

Postby [FnG] Lazz » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:18 pm

[FnG] Kaidan Fenix wrote:the graphics are actually not that great.

You serious? :shock:

[FnG] Malvos

Postby [FnG] Malvos » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:09 pm

There is also some discussion about this demo in this thread.

[FnG] Recon

Postby [FnG] Recon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:48 pm

The game already scored several 10's, making it an instant classic already. BioShock will probably going home with the Game of the Year-award. Can't wait to try it out myself.

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:56 pm

Played the demo over at JinX-D and I am sadly having to agree with Kaiden on this... since we're all spoiled brats... The Graphics could've been better although the Water (opening scene) looks awesome'o :P

So yeah... might be worth another look... but as far as "WOW PHREAKIN AWESOME GRAPHIX!!1!1!!!" no...
Image Image

[FnG] Berserk

Postby [FnG] Berserk » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:01 pm

i've just bought the full version. i'll give an opinion when i've played it a bit

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:39 pm

I tired the demo - 5 hours to download the damn thing,
another 30 mins to install it / update drivers etc and it didnt even give me a short cut to run it.

About 30 mins to play the demo. In all not really worth it.

Although some of the effects were good, the setting was just too damn dark, I couldnt see what I was shooting at. Also note darkness covers a sack load of sins when it comes to lazy graphics.
The other point about it was the areas were so contained, and the demo was streamlined though these areas in such a linear way it almost could just of been a demo movie.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Kaidan Fenix

Postby [FnG] Kaidan Fenix » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:00 pm

You could change the brightness of the game if you want, cause I don't have that problem. Its just dark enough to make everything look scary, and you can lighten up the place with some cool plasmids :)

But I'm pretty far in the game and its really awesome. The graphics are good the art is brilliant the levels are designed really well. But the sound is one of the best parts of this game. Voice acting is near perfect, sound effects, everything that has to do with the sound is just awesome. The story is alright, well intergrated into the game and you really get the feeling you're in this messed up place surrounded by these people that have totally lost their minds. Another cool thing is the way you can kill your enemies. You could just shoot them, but thats no fun. They did make the game way to easy, it does make it more fun to just try some things with your weapons and plasmids but I'd rather have the challenge of trying not to die than trying to find ways to explode yourself and taking as many people with you as possible.
Michael Jackson wrote:This is what I do when I see an Xbox360. . .I turn 360 degrees and moonwalk away, whoo hoo!

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:38 am

[FnG] Kaidan Fenix wrote:You could change the brightness of the game if you want, cause I don't have that problem. Its just dark enough to make everything look scary, and you can lighten up the place with some cool plasmids :)

. But the sound is one of the best parts of this game. .

I had the brightness on max :-(

I did like the sounds, it was nice to have some proper music in the game rather than rubbish. I'm sure I recognised the Inkspots.

h.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

Shoukin

Postby Shoukin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:19 am

Hmm. Maybe you should check your screen settings?
When I have the brightness on max it feels like .. I really do have the brightness on max. I'm playing a little over half.

But the game .. it ROCKS!
This might sound cliché, but it really does feel like you're being sucked in this underwater-heterotopia. Well, something like that. The sound's awesome .. Kaidan kinda summed it up. I mean, wow, piano sounds in the start menu!

I'm probably halfway but have had some really good "ZOINKS!" moments.
Most of them involve people waiting for you to turn around or playing dead just to scare the S*** out of you. Oh, and some of the weapons look pretty badass when upgraded!

[FnG] Cooks

Postby [FnG] Cooks » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:42 pm

I played the demo the other night - really not worth a 1.8GB download to be honest, it's quite short. The graphics are nice, my PC handles it well although the game seems to be playing at a fairly sluggish frame rate. Maybe I'm just used to 85fps constantly in UT2k4. I'd be tempted to get it if I saw it for less than £20 (closer to £15), but not too fussed either way.

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:09 pm

Thanks for this thread! I simultaneously learned of the demo and decided to not download it, all in one quick session ... :wink:

Return to “Other Games”