Can clan be UT3 and Call of Duty 4?

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Kromat

Can clan be UT3 and Call of Duty 4?

Postby [FnG] Kromat » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:25 am

How about having clans for both UT3 & Call of Duty4, since people still like playing UT, or the people that play Counter-Strike atm, could switch to Call of Duty :D

Call of Duty 4 ( FPS RPG - well multplayer anyways)
This game i think is truely amazing, and it's worth buying, even just for the singleplayer alone.

Helicopter Gunning, Bombing, Sniping, Stealth, and more.

On Multiplayer it kinda feels like Counter-Strike ( Ally vs Nazi ), with modes:
FFA ( Deathmatch ), Team Deathmatch, Sabotage ( Plant Bomb ),
Domination ( Control Points like UT), Headquarters ( capture & defend it )
Search and Destroy ( Attack & Defend for the Bomb )

Perks ( additions to your gameplay )
* C4 x 2 - Two C4 charges you can plant and remotely detonate. * RPG-7 x 2 - rocket launcher
* Special Grenades x 3 - more stun or flash grenades * Claymore x 2 - Explosive mines that detonate when stepped on.
* Bomb Squad - See C4, before it gets blown up * Juggernaut - Increased health so you don't die quite as quickly.
* Stopping Power - Increased bullet damage * Sonic Boom - Deal more damage with explosives.
* Sleight of Hand - Faster reloading * UAV Jammer - Keeps you from showing up on radar
* Extreme Conditioning - extra distance when you sprint * Steady Aim - hip-fire accuracy, spraying bullets everywhere.
* Deep Impact - Your bullets go deeper (and harder). * Martyrdom - You drop a grenade as you die
* Last Stand - taken enough damage to have killed you, you get to whip out your pistol and fire until someone shoots you.

PS You get ranks which are gained through experience, and specific challenges relating to a weapon to be accomplished.

**I got Call of Duty 4, after my older bought it and got me to play singleplayer, and
since he's planning on getting UT3 for the tutorials alone, I might still stick around playing Unreal T as well.
Last edited by [FnG] Kromat on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:29 am, edited 8 times in total.
PSN : Kromat83
LEAGUE Of LEGENDS Signup : http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref= ... d184969723

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Re: Call of Duty 4, FnG Clan, eh?

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:55 am

[FnG] Kromat wrote:Pretty much this feels like a (FPSRPG) First-Person Shooter Role-Playing Game

Or like something they have been doing since Battlefield 2

Either way the fact remains that the style of play for CoD and UT3 is so remarkably FAR apart that there is no comparing them. CoD sports realism, in real invironments and with real enemies. UT3 sports... ehm... FUN, over the top, extraordinairy fun...

And frankly... who cares about ranks and unlocks...
Image Image

[FnG] magnolia

Postby [FnG] magnolia » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:11 am

[FnG] Kromat wrote:I think we should leave UT3 alone, and make this our new game.

<other stuff>

Yeah, good luck with that :roll:
Me? The 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In a sixth form girl's dormitory? At three o'clock in the morning? With my reputation? What were they thinking of?

[FnG] Neecap

Postby [FnG] Neecap » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:35 pm

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:And frankly... who cares about ranks and unlocks...

me...

lol....

:wink:

Seriously, I'm a sucker for games with unlocks and ranks, it inspires me in the same way carrots on a stick inspire mules. :D

[FnG] ZZ0nt0p

Postby [FnG] ZZ0nt0p » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:52 pm

[FnG] Neecap wrote:

me...

lol....

:wink:

Seriously, I'm a sucker for games with unlocks and ranks, it inspires me in the same way carrots on a stick inspire mules. :D

lol same here :D love BF2 just for the ranks alone. Adds that small bit of competitive fun imo :) Just feels kinda pointless otherwise

[FnG] Jules

Re: Both UT3 & CoD4 FnG Clans?

Postby [FnG] Jules » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:28 pm

[FnG] Kromat wrote:Call of Duty 4 ( FPS RPG - well multplayer anyways)

Not quite so true, i mean there are quite a few MMOFPSs/FPSRPGs out there

http://www.massivefps.com/Game-List/
Theres a list of some of MMOFPSs that are about.

Yet technically an RPG is defined
Teh Almighty Google wrote:Role Playing Game, a Genre in videogames where you play as one character which grows more powerful as you play the game.

So therefore BF2/2142 is one as you grow more powerful through the new unlocks ;)

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:52 pm

[FnG] Jules wrote:Yet technically an RPG is defined
Teh Almighty Google wrote:Role Playing Game, a Genre in videogames where you play as one character which grows more powerful as you play the game.

So therefore BF2/2142 is one as you grow more powerful through the new unlocks ;)

it undenyablie has rpg influence, but calling it an fpsrpg is too much credit

[FnG] Lazz

Postby [FnG] Lazz » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:30 pm

I do

From what Ive played of the UT3 demo and what Ive played of COD 4 (full game) I love them both. Whilst Im not hugely concerned about ranks, I do love the unlock feature. Getting rewarded by being able to unlock weapons, add-ons and perks for your kills is great IMO.

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:25 am

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL wrote:
[FnG] Jules wrote:Yet technically an RPG is defined

it undenyablie has rpg influence, but calling it an fpsrpg is too much credit

Your character does not become more powerfull through unlocks... it's not like you get a steadier hand while sniping... or a more powerfull bullit just because you're that specific character. In essence all it does is 'give you better toys to play with' ... which is not really what an RPG is about... an RPG is about progression, about getting stronger and overcomming increasing numbers/levels of foes. BF2 and BF2142 has a nice gimmick in adding unlocks (although the latter overshot the mark quite a bit IMHO). The problem you get with unlocks (I don't mind Medals... I just mind unlocks) is that if you're just new after a month or even two weeks you will be naturally behind... and even if you play regularly those who've been doing so since day one will always be ahead. With medals this is no problem but with unlocks, it unbalances things, making it so that a lesser skilled but longer playing gamer can beat a better, short term, player.

That's why I don't like unlocks... just IMO ofcourse
Image Image

[FnG] Kaidan Fenix

Postby [FnG] Kaidan Fenix » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:26 am

In every game there is a role to play :P
Michael Jackson wrote:This is what I do when I see an Xbox360. . .I turn 360 degrees and moonwalk away, whoo hoo!

[FnG] Neecap

Postby [FnG] Neecap » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:16 pm

Yeah so basically every game is a role playing game.

Except tetris. :-P

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:47 am

[FnG] Neecap wrote:Yeah so basically every game is a role playing game.

I like to pretend I'm the "L" piece.

[FnG] Seraph

Postby [FnG] Seraph » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:25 am

[FnG] Torgo 3000 wrote:
[FnG] Neecap wrote:Yeah so basically every game is a role playing game.

I like to pretend I'm the "L" piece.

So you were quite happy L-Block won the Gamefaqs.com Character battle? Called it a victory for your people? :P

I agree with Emu. Starting BF2 so late was hard. Getting picked off by the unlockable support weapon, not having something besides the crappy 3 round burst assault weapon as USMC... It hurt trying to get up there.

[FnG] Neecap

Postby [FnG] Neecap » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:48 pm

Fun thing is, the differences between the unlocks and ordinary guns in BF2 is marginal at best....

[FnG] Neecap

Postby [FnG] Neecap » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:48 pm

In terms of accuracy and damage that is. Also, i retract my earlier statement about tetris not being a roleplaying game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-kMCcKolPI&

Return to “Other Games”