New FPS with cash goals and objectives?!

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Everlong

New FPS with cash goals and objectives?!

Postby [FnG] Everlong » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi all

I saw a programme about this on X-league tv today. I can't remember the name of the game but from what I gathered it was an FPS looking a little like quake but with cash as an incentive to get frags and gain objectives.

Has anyone else heard about this? I think I quite like the idea so long as you can set the amount of cash that is up for stakes and control your losses strictly!

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Evers \o
Image Image
"Its called Lick My Love Pump!"

[FnG] oomska

Postby [FnG] oomska » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:20 pm

Think you are on about kwari mate. Read some articles about it but not played myself. I'll see if I can root out some more things on it. I know they are around here somewhere.
With all due respect John I am head of IT and I have it on good authority if you type ‘Google’, into Google you can break the internet, so please no one try it, even for a joke

[FnG] magnolia

Postby [FnG] magnolia » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:37 pm

Real cash or in-game cash?

*prepares 3 months notice letter*
Me? The 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In a sixth form girl's dormitory? At three o'clock in the morning? With my reputation? What were they thinking of?

[FnG] oomska

Postby [FnG] oomska » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:41 pm

Real proper cash.
With all due respect John I am head of IT and I have it on good authority if you type ‘Google’, into Google you can break the internet, so please no one try it, even for a joke

[FnG] magnolia

Postby [FnG] magnolia » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:45 pm

Ma'am, do you know where about the school girls* hang out?

* and by schoolgirls I mean servers and by hangout I mean where do I get phat notes in ma pockets!
Me? The 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In a sixth form girl's dormitory? At three o'clock in the morning? With my reputation? What were they thinking of?

[FnG] oomska

Postby [FnG] oomska » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Clicky on the linky I posted above. Should tell you all your wife doesn't want you to know

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm not touching this with a 10-ft pole. So many warning sirens going off in my head for ways to abuse it. (From their perspective, not ours.)

Let's start with this from their T.O.S:

10.3 You specifically acknowledge, agree and accept that we are not liable to you for:-

• the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any other Customer;
• any loss whatsoever arising from the use, abuse or misuse of your account or any of our products and services and our Website;
any loss incurred in transmitting information to our Website by the internet or by e-mail;
• any technical failures, system breakdowns, defects, delays, interruptions, manipulated or improper data transmission, loss or corruption of data or communications' lines failure (including any failures that affect the ability for interactive television return-path capabilities), distributed denial of service attacks, viruses or any other adverse technological consequence of your choosing to use our products and services;
• the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information services provided (including, without limitation, prices, runners, times, results or general statistics) or any live scores, statistics and intermediate results shown on our Website;
• any failure on our part to observe any self-exclusion policies that we may have in place from time to time; and
• any failure on our part to interact with you where we may have concerns about your activities.

So when they tell me that the price per bullet is $0.02, and in reality it's $1.50 being charged, that's my fault? Oh yeah, and the error in the site where it charged my card but didn't supply the bullets, and my card refuses to reverse the charge because it's NOT TANGIBLE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, I'm out of luck? GREAT!

Take a look at that last line about failure to interact with us... come back to that line and think about it after you see the account-suspension part for alleged / suspected cheating. They've just claimed that they can suspend your account if they suspect you of anything whatsoever, and are not required to ever talk to you about it.

Next up...

9.1 Kwari operates a zero tolerance policy to all types of fraud, collusion, cheating, hacking or in any way meddling or interfering with our software (including by introducing bots) or similar activities and we will seek the fullest criminal and contractual sanctions against any Customer involved in any such activities (including but not limited to any breach by any Customer of the provisions of clause 11 below). We will withhold payment to any Customer where fraud is alleged or suspected and shall have the right to suspend a Customer's account pending investigation of any such activities.

Maaan, you beat that guy so bad... he absolutely must have been TRYING to let you win, so that you guys could make sure you got that jackpot and split it.

and 9.2 as a whole...

9.2 The Customer shall indemnify and shall be liable to pay us, on demand, all costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by us (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, any loss of profit and loss of reputation) arising directly or indirectly from a Customer's fraud, dishonesty or criminal act.

Let's say you got really really good at this game, and someone reported you as a hacker. BINGO... account can be suspended for investigation! Oh yeah, by the way... the investigation cost us $275 USD, and we're going to have to deduct that from your account as per our T.O.S.

---

Now let's think of other non-fradulent ways they could make tons off of this...

Countdown to the amount of money you make per shot hit being less than the cost of a bullet?

Countdown to the amount of money you lose when you're hit being greater than the amount you gain per hit?

IAmTheRad

Postby IAmTheRad » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:10 pm

Paying for bullets? I'll pass. I'd rather play an FPS with in-game ads, or one that I need to pay per month to play, rather than one that EACH bullet I fire costs me money.

And yes, I've played BF2142 and Planetside.

Return to “Other Games”